Re: morning/weather/gardening

In a message dated 1/18/04 9:18:39 AM, jsinger@igc.org writes:

<< Six months
ago, one could buy a building site [single family house lot] for $40
thousand; same lot is now $80 thousand. >>

Jim, real estate here is really flat now.  Up until Aug, it was going
gangbusters.  We purchased a home for our son mid-July after losing out on two homes
which were sold so fast they did not appear on the multi listings.  When we
found the one we purchased, the agent stayed on it from early morning till 8 pm
getting the bid prepared, presenting, signatures and papers prepared after the
acceptance.  The house had not been shown to anyone else.  Job market is
tough here which I believe is part of the problem.  My mother put her 9 yr old
condo on the market the first of Sept, moved to senior apartments on a full care
campus and the condo has not sold yet.  She says she will move back if it does
not sell by May much to my dismay.
    We built our home in 89 and paid 39,000 for the lot but I have no idea
what lots are selling for today.  Our home value has doubled.
    Here homes sell best in spring, usually.  When is the best selling time
for your area?
    Ceres