Re: morning/weather/gardening

>  They also moved their patio to our side of their home
> because of my gardens.

Quite a compliment.  But I can understand how this can make you feel
uncomfortable.  There must be something about the layout or design that
prevents you from erecting a living screen of sorts.

I "borrow" from the lot behind me that is tiny but filled completely with 50
yr old pine trees.  It killed me when the new people limbed them up to get
some light - ruined my backdrop. So I had to do a little redesigning.  The
people next to me enjoyed my garden and I, theirs, but the chain link
between damaged the effect, and then the view past them was a street and
houses.  But it was ok, until the neighbor retired and turned nasty.  I was
forced to put up a 6 ft privacy fence - hated to do that to them as I am
their southern exposure, but it was the only way to solve the problem.  It
was amazing how that fence transformed the garden.  I've since worked with
shrubs to screen the plain effect of wood fence, but it gives me a pleasant
sense of privacy.  I wouldn't suggest a privacy fence in your case since you
are friendly with your neighbors, but maybe some tallish shrubs?  I know so
much depends on the orientation, but maybe there's something you could do.

Kitty