Re: messages/snow

In a message dated 01/22/2004 2:09:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> >From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
> >Snow is rare here. Sugar is 8 1/2 and has only seen it twice. She's
> not
> >impressed either. Too cold and wet on her little feeties.
> ----------
> Cats in snow who are not used to it always crack me up.  Lifting one
> paw and then the other and getting looks on their faces that speak
> volumes.  For animals with very few facial muscles, cat faces can
> certainly be expressive

Cats' whole bodies are expressive.  My cats can say more with their ears and
tails > than some people with language.

Our big male cat hates snow with a passion.  He had the traumatic experience
when he was a kitten of rushing out the door and and falling into a pit filled
with snow.  He wasn't hurt - it was only a couple of feet deep and he was
quickly rescued - but he has never gotten over it.  He just puts his paws over
his nose and hibernates when it snows.  Our fat white cat goes out and in as
often as we open the door whatever the weather is, but she always protests when
she comes in if it has been cold outside.
But - we once had a cat who loved the snow.  She would lie on her back in the
middle of the drive when it was snowing and bat at the flakes.  She was odd
in other ways, too, but a dear, and I still miss her.