Re: bamboo

I like the foliage & berries of heavenly bamboo (Nandina), but I really
wanted a bamboo for the look of the canes more than the foliage.  I'd like a bamboo
with a larger diameter cane (clum?) than a smaller one.  Something like an
1/2 inch to an inch in diameter.  I've read that the stems of Nandina are "cane
like" but how much do they really resemble bamboo canes?  I can't tell from
the pics I have seen online.  Do you have any pics of your Nandinas?

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"We don't do enough to exploit renewable energy resources."

In a message dated 1/25/2004 6:15:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,