From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 4:12 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Nurserysman Conf

Pretty exciting, Ceres, to see all the newest plants that will be coming
out.  The weeping pussywillow doesn't excite me either. The 2 main reasons
are that Salix is a JB magnet here and I dislike weeping trees.  I prefer
nature to uplift me with natural grace, not depress me downward form.  Just
personal preference.
>  I would think there are other Salix that would be labeled as
> pendula.
Here are some:
S. alba 'Vitellina Pendula'
S. babylonica var. pekinensis 'Pendula'
S. 'Boyd's Pendulous' (m) aka repens pendula
S. caprea var. pendula (f)   synonym of Salix caprea 'Weeping Sally' (f)
S. caprea var. pendula (m)   synonym of Salix caprea 'Kilmarnock' (m)
S. integra 'Pendula' (f)
S. purpurea 'Pendula'
S. vitellina 'Pendula'  aka  Salix alba 'Tristis' ambig.

Kitty