Re: update on garden/bottle brush

> I love A. parviflora.  What I can't understand is why our local
> nurseries do not carry it. I have to mail order "sticks with roots",
> and have been waiting 4+ years for decent development.

Hi Cathy,

   They tend to cost an arm and a leg, probably because they're so slow-
   growing in the beginning.  A gallon pot is $25 at Forest Farm.  I've
   seen them in Chicago-area nurseries for $75+.

   They grow well from cuttings and seeds, but are most often propagated
   from root cuttings.  Once they get going they're great plants, though.  :)