Amaryllis

        I've been growing several amaryllis for the last four or five years.
In June I plant them outside, and then bring them into the garage in the fall
before it gets too cold and pot them up again..  After a few months of
dormancy I bring them back into the house, one at a time every two weeks or so
to get a long succession of bloom.  When offsets develop I pot them separately
and give them away to neighbors and friends.  Each year I continue to be
amazed at how fast they grow, so this year I have begun charting their growth
on a daily basis.  The one at the office grew over an inch in the last 24
hours, but I expect at times they may do twice that.  I'd be interested if
anyone has some growing now and could report there growth rates from time to
time.

                                                     Josh Haskell
                                                     Ohio -- zone 5