Northern Blooms

An update on the outdoor garden in central Indiana:

My snow crocus and saffron are up. No flowers on either. The saffron have
been up for several months but the snow crocus growth is new.

The China Rose did bloom under the snow! It now has some new buds that are

I see lots of new growth coming up on my perennials and my roses still have
green leaves for the most part!

My Hellebores are not blooming. This must be because of moving them so late
in the year. Last year they began blooming in December and continued until
about May I think.

My Heathers have a few blooms and the pansies are blooming.

The Daphne's are not looking real good but I seem to remember this is
normal. My Briggs Moonlight foliage is mush but the Carol Mackie foliage
looks ok although it is a little sparse and I do not see any signs of buds.
I think Somerset did not survive the move. I have some seeds of some but
darn if I can get them to germinate!

The Iris is growing and so is most of the dianthus that I planted as well as
numerous perennials that I see new growth coming up on.

I didn't see much else happening besides my lettuce and radish are still
doing fine. The peas look a bit questionable but we will see. Oh and a
cabbage I left in the ground has new growth!

Do you like gardening? Don't miss the ultimate website for the truly
obsessed plant-a-holic!
FREE swap and chat forums, informative articles and much more!