To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] eagles

Quite generous of you, David. Did you have a camera at the ready?
Kitty

Hey Daryl

Watching a bald eagle catch salmon or trout is a great experience. But they
get many of their fish from stealing them from Osprey in mid-air. When
Linda (my wife) and I were in Kodiak I caught a nice 18" Dolly Vardon and we
happened to look up and see an eagle staring down at us. Usually I catch
and release but this time we offered the hapless fish to the eagle who after
we backed off quite a ways swooped down and took it off the rock we perched
it on. They truly are majestic creatures.

DF
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daryl"
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 8:14 AM