Re: Need a source please - Sinocalycanthus chniensis

Most shippers use UPS or FedEx which have set "zones"- if you cross the line of the zone- then the charge is higher. I bet that is why the Mississippi is the cut of for extra charge- the company is being charged extra to cross that zone line.

Theresa

Cathy Carpenter wrote:

So why can't they figure shipping based on miles from their location? ie - draw concentric circles around their nursery and charge accordingly?
I'm off to Maui for the next 10 days - hope to visit all things botanical - DH wants visit orchid growers (shudder). I love them, but have no space to put more, as I have no greenhouse.
Aloha, Cathy