Summer Bulb Details

Hi Friends!

I am working on a presentation about summer bulbs, which will include
both hardy and tender (tropical & subtropical) bulbs. I'm in northeast
Indiana so the hardy bulbs aren't going to be a problem for me, but some
of the tender ones can be a bit tricky.

For instance, for those of you who ever got duped by the 100 free bulbs
from Michigan Bulb Co., you know those Sparaxis, Freesia, and Tigridia
don't bloom if you just plant them in the ground. That's because our
summer isn't long enough up here. By the time they've finally come close
to having enough warmth and sun to think about blooming, we are on the
decline into fall and nothing happens. So I often start tender bulbs
early in the house.

I realize watering and fertilizer are major factors for these bulbs, but
warmth and light are especially important for certain geophytes. My
question is this: Does anyone know a website that provides a schedule of
weeks to bloom time for summer bulbs? I'm looking for a chart similar to
what you might see for chilling times for forcing cold-hardy bulbs.

Thanks for helping me with my homework!

Kitty