Re: Red bird

Jim
Just checked my National Audubon Society bird book but didn't come up with an
ID. Other than the Northern Cardinal there were three other bright red birds
listed under perching birds. They are smaller than the Cardinal, the Summer
Tanager, the Scarlet Tanager, not found as far south as Florida, and the
Vermilion Flycatcher only at home in the very south west. Sorry, I tried.
 I think bright red birds are so beautiful. I love to watch the cardinals at
our bird feeder. They seem to have a huge disadvantage, because of their
color, not much camouflage there.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon VA