Re: weather

Those are beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. I thought your garden was beautiful. I love winter landscaping, it is always such a surprise to look at the window in the winter and see such beauty.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ AFFTC/ITSR" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] weather

And here in the supposedly dry high desert we had almost 7 inches of rain,
from last Friday to Tuesday, and the waters are slowly receding. That is
about our yearly average just in 5 days, on top of the 5 inches we got just
after Christmas! We even got a dusting of snow on Friday but not as much as
I would have liked - snow is an uncommon visitor here, and usually fun to
watch. Half the roads are closed because of the flooding and now with clear
weather comes freezing, so there are lots of accidents this morning as cars
hit the black ice on the road. I have 3 pregnant ewes in the back who are
having trouble finding a dry spot to lie down, so if this weekend remains
clear we will be constructing them a new shelter with a raised concrete
On the plus side, this spring's wildflowers should be spectactular. I'm
hoping for blooms on all the joshua trees and poppies everywhere.
I took some pictures of our place while the snow fell, if you are interested
they are here:
they were mostly for my husband's benefit, since he was at work and couldn't
see it, so don't expect magical scenes.