Re: IMs and such

The real problem, I suppose, is everyone has different priorities associated with their positions. So while conference room scheduling may be WWIII important to the person in charge of that, the plumbing technicians could care less. What we need is some kind of "need to know" policy for sending e-mails in the first place. Of 150 employees, maybe 10 need to be reminded about scheduling conference rooms; maybe three need to know about a change in the price of PVC pipe. I am not in either of those select groups.

On Saturday, January 15, 2005, at 11:48 PM, Kitty wrote:

You have a point, but it seems there should be strict limitations on that
sort of message so that messages like some sort of trivia about scheduling
conference rooms or having
hired yet another day laborer could be looked at at a more
convenient time.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 11:22 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] IMs and such

Not really if you use it properly i.e. not for junk mailings. From a
company
standpoint if you are working at quoting out an order and the price just
drastically changed, it will not be quoted at the wrong amount....

My guys at work get messages from me ... of course, if something goes up a
few pennies they don't, but when something doubles in price, you can bet
it
is flashing on their screens!

Donna

Well it's just wrong.

I doubt it Kitty.... sounds like it is generated by the internal
server,
which means you can't mess with it....

Donna

? You mean these inter-office emails just pop-up on your screen in
the
middle of what you are doing?  If so, surely you can modify that to
simple
notification on your toolbar or some such thing.
Mastered the camera yet?

Kitty