From: Kitty
Sent: 1/15/2005 7:32:36 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] OT - cat vs me - I win!

A long time ago I wrote you folks looking for a solution for my cat's water

dish.  Referesher: Jack sticks his paw in and splashes the water all over

the kitchen or tips it over completely so there's nothing for anyone else to

drink...and the floor gets awfully slippery.  Best solution up til now was a

"Buddy Bowl" -  an 'innovative' bowl with a built in funnel the cat or dog

cannot tip over.  Ha!  He has managed to tip it over, but usually he just

drags it all around the kitchen, spilling water.  The other morning I

slipped and nearly twisted myself into a pretzel trying not to fall, so I

became determined to find a real solution.

Yesterday I went to Lowe's and bought a 10 inch steel wheel - this is

actually a 7inch steel hub surounded by a thick, heavy rubber tire.  I cut

the tire off the steel wheel with a hacksaw and placed the waterbowl inside

it.  He did tug it about an inch the first time, but it hasn't moved since!