Re: Death in the (plant) family

Me, too, Kitty. I was just sitting here feeling sad about Auralie's clivia. Now I'm sitting here thinking about the clivia with my fingers crossed! Hope it works, Auralie.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Death in the (plant) family

Jim to the rescue! In a show of support, I think we should all keep our fingers crossed for those several months.
I love the fact that there is always someone on this list that has the knowledge to help us out.

Kitty

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
> My Clivia has died!

> it in this fall it began to have brown tips on the leaves. The other > day
> it looked off kilter and when I touched it, the whole top growth fell > off.
> It seems to have rotted from the roots up. What happened? The only

> Auralie
Auralie:
Is there still any green to it ? If so, try cleaning off the rot
at the base, stick it into 10% Clorox for maybe 10 minutes, wash off and
then place into a glass with water just touching the base. Hopefully
you can support it above the glass base via the leaves. New roots
_should_ grow within several months, if you keep your fingers crossed
during that period...
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher