Re: Happy Birthday Gene!/ Proven Winners

In a message dated 1/18/05 7:44:13 AM, genebush@otherside.com writes:

<<  Those things

are very expensive to do as a business and very hard on an old man like

myself. >>

Gene, I understand it is very expensive to be a member & attend these shows.
ISU gets tickets for students/MGs very cheap and that is how I attend.
    Dr Armitage didn't have much new to  talk about and he apologized to
those who had heard him speak before because he said,  'I have the same old
jokes.'  And he did.  The best speaker of the Iowa show (my personal opinion of
course) was Dr Ann Marie VanDerZanden, ISU prof who spoke on 'Looking for Design
Inspiration'.
    I did not speak to anyone at Spring Meadows.  I just retrieved the infor
for the greenhouse where I work.  She was going to make the contact which may
be useless.  They are in the power seat, I would assume, since they have
control of the PW contract.  Their publication is exciting.  There were other
vendors at the show who are marketing PW but their stock comes from SM, correct?
The greenhouse does not carry much in shrubs and it is difficult to have
anything that looks good in such a short time since they are only open Apr & May.
    Ceres