Re: Re: Clematis

>    Have you tried any of the non-vining type?
>    Ceres
I got one of the shrub varieties a couple of years ago and someone on
the list warned me of their lax habit. I keep one of those foldable
fences around it to keep it in line and it grows through it as well as
being supported by it. I love the long-lasting blue flowers. Do you
suppose cuttings would do well from it? What time of year?

Kitty