Re: Re: Clematis

In a message dated 1/24/05 9:49:01 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< Do you
suppose cuttings would do well from it?  >>

Kitty, you can simply pin the stem to the gd & not bother with cuttings if
you wish.  This is my preferred way because no extra care.  Then cut from the
mother stem when rooted which I would allow to go a season.  I have done
conifers like this also.    Is your nonviner 'Durandii?  I have that one groiwng on
the mailbox post with netting stretched over to hold it erect.  I love the
season long large blooms.  I do deadhead this one thinking that promotes more
blooms but my care may be of no value.