Re: Viburnum

>  How close together do viburnums need to be to cross
> pollinate?
From what I read, they need to be insect close, "cross-pollinator
BLOOMING AT THE SAME TIME is within insect distance. " Please don't ask
me how far any particular insect is willing to travel to get a snootful.
Other sources say, " must be grown within a reasonable distance of each
other ", though they don't define reasonable. On a site re male/female
bittersweet plant pollination, it was suggested they be no farther than
30 feet apart, but then I don't know if Vibes and Bits would have the
same pollinators and if not, whose Ps would be willing to travel the
farthest for a snack.

anywho....within 30 feet sounds good to me - that would be in my nextdoor neighbor's yard!

Kitty