To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:04 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Somebody stop me

Didn't I spend quite a bit of time over the last few
months declaiming about how I wasn't going to buy any
seeds this year? Didn't I say I was determined to
scale back my vegetable garden? That was me, right?
Sure looks like my name in the archives.
So the seed catalogs are coming in, there's Burpee,
Territorial, Cook's Garden, Select Seeds. By golly
look at all those little stickies in the pages, how
did those get in there? More catalogs to come too. But
I'm not buying anything this year, that's what I said,
I remember it. And yet...
My husband is no help. This man has not looked in a
seed catalog in his life, despite having them piled
around the house hip deep for 20 years. But THIS year
he looks at the Burpee catalog, with that cover
picture of the striped tomato, and says "Isn't that
pretty? Let's grow that."
This could be harder than sticking to a diet.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.