RE: Somebody stop me

I'm another Cyndi or Bonnie!  I've gone beyond my current garden space in
daylilies, but I'm probably going to order a couple more! I still have my
mom's garden to renovate.  I started working on it last summer, but with the
heat, I'd didn't get very far.  Also, I built my new stone walled bed and
added another two beds where they were needed, so I shouldn't be so hard on

On Sunday, I just had to get a plant fix, so I drove to the nearest garden
center where I'd be able to find more than a bench of houseplants like Lowes
would have. It was a 30 mile trip (in heavy, wet snow) to get there, but
worth the effort!  Even this mega nursery was low in selection, but I was
able to pick up a couple of cheery Kalanchoes for $2.50 each and some
terrarium plants.  I even bought some crocus bulbs at 75% off that I need to
poke into the soil today. They may be just squirrel food, but they were
cheap and will be a breeze to plant!

I just got the Select Seeds catalog.   Are they good to order from?  What
about their plants?

Pam- I feel your drought in a physical way.  It actually pains me to think
about it! When we've been really dry, it is heartbreaking to watch the
plants and animals suffer. Watering with the hose doesn't seem to have the
same benefit as a good downpour!

David- I'm glad you and your plants are safe!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)