Re: Somebody stop me

Oh, you won't get any help out of me pal. Sorry. LOL!
Despite the fact that I have NO job, (nursery is closed til March) and
very little money except for student loans, AND have made a promise to
myself to start handling my money better when I actually have some, I
too have piles of catalogs and have been drooling over them. Of course,
I can justify it by telling myself that this is a new place I'm in that
has about 5% landscaping. I also have a $125 gift certificate to Wayside
Gardens from my friends as a gift when I left Beaufort but Gosh, there
are SO many more companies to choose from as well. I've already marked
WELL over $125 in the Wayside catalog (they are so expensive and plants
come so small, but hey, I've got a gift certificate)

Besides, as I recall, after you said you were NOT going to do this,
didn't you say how much pleasure you got out of it? As well as how much
stress? ;-) What's it worth to you?

My Dad and his wife just bought a place up here and he insisted he have
plenty of land for a vegetable garden. Well they got one. It's 3 or 4
acres I think. Maybe I should tell him to talk to you first.

Cyndi Johnson <gardencatalogs@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Didn't I spend quite a bit of time over the last few
months declaiming about how I wasn't going to buy any
seeds this year? Didn't I say I was determined to
scale back my vegetable garden? That was me, right?
Sure looks like my name in the archives.
So the seed catalogs are coming in, there's Burpee,
Territorial, Cook's Garden, Select Seeds. By golly
look at all those little stickies in the pages, how
did those get in there? More catalogs to come too. But
I'm not buying anything this year, that's what I said,
I remember it. And yet...
My husband is no help. This man has not looked in a
seed catalog in his life, despite having them piled
around the house hip deep for 20 years. But THIS year
he looks at the Burpee catalog, with that cover
picture of the striped tomato, and says "Isn't that
pretty? Let's grow that."
This could be harder than sticking to a diet.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.

Andrea H
Petersburg, IL