Re: meeting- was drought

Try this one, Andrea. Arguably one of the best in the world.

http://www.mobot.org/

On Jan 4, 2006, at 9:01 AM, Andrea Hodges wrote:

OK missy, I MEANT were there any INDOOR places. You know, giant glass houses or something???? LOL!

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Andrea wake up :).... this is zone 5... it is winter,
not much to see in any outdoor setting right now...

Donna

--- Andrea Hodges wrote:

Speaking of which, does anyone know (and I'm sure
someone does) are the
botanical gardens or arboretums in Chicago or St
Louis something you can
visit in the winter, or is it strictly a summer
thing? I am DYING to go
to a real arboretum.

Who can make it to one of those? Or another? any
suggestions? I can only ride so far still, but I
definitely need a winter trip!

Jesse, how far am I from you?

Jesse Bell wrote:
HEY...I'M IN!!!! I, like, SO deserve a gardening
trip right now! LOL.

Donna wrote:
Nah, John wouldn't care, he loves a party! He pretty
much goes with the flow
and gets along with everyone.

As Karen (stitch) mentioned, we are becoming a clump
here, so maybe we
should plan a tour....it would be a long day, but we
could visit my garden,
Vera's, Andrea's, Karen's, Kathy's and Chris's. Day
two could be Cathy and
Ceres.. who else is close there?

Maybe we should plan a progressive dinner tour?
Breakfast at my place, lunch
at Vera's and dinner at Chris's?

Donna
Ok- forget it, I was just dreaming.... need more
sleep! :)