Re: Alberta Spruce & Ilex Meserveae "San Gabriel"

In a message dated 1/4/06 12:24:40 PM, 4042N15@nationalhearing.com writes:

> >    You have to try Thuja occidentalis 'Teddy' instead of the dwarf
> Alberta
> >    spruce.

Teddy is globe shaped rather the conical.   I have Teddy.   I   just love
these dwarf conifers.   Do your garden centers offer trough plants?   These
are
minature/dwarf plants that do well in a trough but would be perfect for your
rr
gardens. These are usually offered for < $10 & are hardy.   You will find
deciduous plants also.
     A plant I purchased in St Louis was Muehlenbeckia (Creeping Winevine)
which would be a good ground cover or vine on a support and hardy to zone 3.
I now have a topiary frame covered with this plant.   In the spring I am going
to add it to a trough on a small metal arbor.
     ceres