shoplights

Geez Louise!  Why do they keep changing things on me?  Several of my
shoplights for my lightstand have bit the dust recently after many years of
use.  Walmart has some for a reasonable price, but I had a Gift Card for
Menards and they had them on sale ($6).  But wait - since when do shoplights
not have reflectors?  What cheap-a** developed that?  OK, so then I thought
I'd just get a slightly better model with reflectors, more expensive, but
hey, gift card, right?  No.  They had several models ranging in price from
$17 to $30 (for shop lights?), but none of them used 40w bulbs.  They take
some specialty bulb called a T-2 or a T-8 .

Well, I'm going to have to go to WalMart ($9), but, can anyone fill me in on
these lights of the future?  What's a T-2 and a T-8?  Can they be used for
seed starting, growing on , and cuttings?  I'm getting to old for this!

Kitty

Kitty
neIN, Z5