Re: Busy weekend/pruning

Guess that's one advantage to the pole saw--hard to get in the way of the chain when its 6 feet away from your trigger finger.

On Jan 12, 2006, at 6:32 AM, Donna wrote:

hum.. you folks know they make special gloves, chaps,
and arm thingys to wear when you are using the chain
saw..... the threads are made of something that jams
the chain on contact...

Donna

--- Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Yep- I'm with Kitty-  the light weight of an
electric wins hands down,
especially when using something that you could cut
your arm of with if
you lost control of the tool.

Theresa

james singer wrote:

Why electric? I've had two gasoline chain saws,
and I finally decided
I wanted to be a gardener, not a partially deaf
mechanic. And, yeah, I
think the idea of a cord is likely more daunting
than the fact of
it--especially if it's 150 feet long. Not many
places here one
couldn't reach with that.

On Jan 11, 2006, at 11:05 AM, Chapel Ridge Wal
Mart National Hearing
Center wrote:

I use an electric with 150 ft cord that doesn't
get in the way.  Works
great.
I think I went with electric because it's
smaller, lighter, and possibly
less expensive.  I knew it would be something I
wouldn't use a lot,
but it's
a lifesaver when I do need it.

Kitty