What version AOL do you have??   The newer versions (8 and 9  especially)
have very strict spam filters.  You can modify  them,however,  by going to
"Safety" on your tool bar at top of the AOL  page, and clicking on "Spam controls".
There you will be able to edit the  word and phrases, addresses, etc. to your
The spam folder can be located by clicking on the mailbox for your mail,
then at the bottom of that Mailbox page it says "Spam folder"  with a  number
behind it....this is how many emails they have quarantined as  questionable.
Click on that to open the Spam folder and view the  emails.  You might have to
click on "show subject" to see more if  the email addy itself isn't enough.    I
have often found emails  in there, that might have had some questionable email
addy (usually hotmail or  such) or words in the subject line that have in the
past been sent to Spam Alert  by other members.  Any email with words,
phrases, or such ( that  are listed in your Spam controls) will automatically be
deleted by AOL  and won't be found in the Spam folder.  So....it's best to check
out  your spam controls (as mentioned above) and edit it to your liking.
Hope this helps....I'm not much of a tech person myself.  I have found  AOL
to have improved immensely since the early years, and very easy to tweek to
one's personal needs.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 1/16/2006 10:55:15 PM Central Standard Time,