Re: greenhouse/ butterflies

Actually, they didn't, Cathy.
A. durior and A. macrophylla are the same... no one seems to be able to settle on a name. I see both out there all the time.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

I wonder why they left off Aristolochia durior?
Hrm.  According to:
http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/butterfly/2004041551026161.html
Pipevine swallowtail caterpillars will die if raised on tropical
pipevines.
Please only use the pipevines on the list.

Pipevine Swallowtail
- Pipevine family, Aristolochia
1. Aristolochia macrophylla - big leaf pipevine
2. Aristolochia tomentosa - woolly pipevine
3. Aristolochia serpentaria - Virginia snakeroot
4. Aristolochia californica - California pipevine
5. Aristolochia fimbriata - white-veined Duchman's pipe

(Though I try not to read everything I believe.
 Strike that.
 Reverse.
)

-s z5b