RE: Thoughts about new Heronswood Web site

Geesh guys, thinking you need to look at 'who' are the customers. Not
everyone is as knowledgeable as others. As Theresa pointed out, not everyone
knows the latin names...

Plant lists are great if you know what you are looking for and comparing
pricing. But if you are a new gardener, clicking on all those names to find
something you like- something that will work in your yard conditions, well..
categories are nice. (not sure I like how they have them laid out, but do
like the concept of sorting by zone, light, water)

As far as pot size, I think we have all been 'had' somewhere along those
lines. It is easy to stick a plug into a larger pot and until you get home
and dump it, do you really know just how long it has been in that size pot.
Of course, I do look at the bottom to see if there are any roots hanging
out, but am too much of a lady to dump the plant out and see how much soil
it holds. (but I have been tempted!) If someone is not telling you a size, I
always figure it is a plug.

I don't shop via the internet or catalogs much, so my opinions really don't
count. But as with any other advertising, something different always makes
you stop and look.

One of my pet peeves is the pictures... I feel they are a good selling
point, but when they have a close-up of a flower only and it looks awesome.
They you grow the darn plant and it is a itsy bitsy flower with a gazillion
amount of foliage that hides most of them.... well, I say you should either
show a true scale of the flower to plant... or at least say how small or
large the flower actually is in the description. (yeah, I know, got to
research the plants before buying anyways)

Donna