reflecting on last year

As the new year rings in, reflecting on the past year....

What was the most
impressive plant or planting of last year for you?

Here, the weather was
crazy making things bloom out of sequence, and the weeds were insane.  I
wasn't impressed with my garden at all but hoping this year some of the
smaller plantings will mature. (provided they survive this winter weather,
hum, yesterday it was 60 here)  I did like some of my containers as I am
getting better with designing them, but still have a long way to go on that
too....

Donna