Re: seed catalogs

Donna, I'm a real seed-catalog nut.  I usually buy from a bunch of them even
though I know it costs more in shipping, just because I like to keep the
catalogs coming.  Also, I have found over the years that I can't get the
same favorites from the same places from year to year.  I guess there are
fashions in seeds just like anything else, but wehn I have had good luck
with one specific cultivar, I like to continue with that one.  Of  course I
like to try new things, too, but I do like the old dependable ones.
As to which catalog I like best, it's hard to say.  I used to think Park's
was a standard, but it has seemed to me to be less satisfactory in the
last few years - though I still go there for some things.  Johnny's is hard
to beat for vegetables and herbs.  I have had good seeds from Twilley,
but mostly vegetables.  Pinetree Gardens, and Territorial Seed Company
are also both good for vegetables, and are usually more reasonable in
price. Select Seeds are good for flowers. Seeds of Change is an
interesting catalog, but usually a bit pricey. I enjoy looking at the Jung
catalog, and usually get something from there just to keep it coming.
I think Burpee is totally boring, and Thompson and Morgan annoyed me
some years ago by refusing to accept a small order from my daughter-
in-law.  Oh yes, there is Totally Tomatoes, which usually has some
varieties I can't find elsewhere, but for the past two or three years I
have started fewer seeds - just can't keep up with as much as I once