Re: Avocados

Jim,
Even at this last hour this sounds wonderful. I love Meyer lemons and fresh avocados.... yum. It is even harder to read about since we are in the middle of a big sleet, snow and ice storm... more on the way... but so far we still have electricity and are warm... more than 80,000 other houses can say! I really feel for everyone without electricity. We went without in 02 for a long long time.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Avocados

Maybe a teaspoon in a cup of puree. About the same for the minced jalapeno. Each batch consisted of four avocados, juice of one medium size Meyer lemon, one minced jalapeno. Medium size Meyer weighs about 1/2 pound and because it is thin skinned, likely has twice the juice of the supermarket Eureka lemon. Avocados were Brogdons, which have about the same amount of pulp as two Haas avocados. I minced the jalapeno ahead of time in the food processor, so it was finely minced. I pureed the avocado with lemon juice added, then folded the jalapeno into the puree and froze it. Easy and simple.