Re: weather

I am glad to know that you are ok for now anyway and that Jesse sounds safe and warm. It doesn't look good over in the eastern part of the state right now. Worse for the southeast though and she is further north. With my niece being in Springfield without power I thought she might be having trouble too. I am feeding my birds... my husband went out to break the water for his cattle. I just love staying in on days like this. Some people get crazy and have to get out but there is so much that I could do here I don't have that need yet. So many garden books, so much planning for spring... crochet, reading, painting....

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

Talked to Jesse last night as a matter of fact. They were all cooned in for the duration of the weekend. Jesse, Robert and the kids. Sounded like they were enjoying a roaring fire and playing a rather ruthless game of spades so I didn't keep her. Been hovering right around freezing for the past twenty
four hours and raining/sleeting part of the night and the bulk of today so
far.  No accumulation yet because the ground has been quite warm up until
this front roared in.  Likely to get worse tonight if the forecasts are
correct.  I'll try getting out in the am but if it is icy - I'm not going
That why you have vacation and personal days after all. And no job is worth
dying for.  Especially for those ungrateful *@#$&^%'s.