Re: OT - another cold front has arrived

It must be contagious. It's 56 here today--that's the coldest day in the last 3 or 4 years. Supposed to warm up to high 60s tomorrow.

On Jan 29, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

It actually got a bit warmer here as the clouds rolled in. It must have
drizzled a little bit on Saturday night but not enough to be measurable.
On the gardening front, I did...nothing. Saturday my sister had a
birthday party for my brother-in-law, which I wasn't planning on going
to at first, but he is not in good health. Better to celebrate now than
regret later. Then on Sunday we picked up a camper; it's an old one
we'll use when we do horse camping, and it took all day to get it ready
to put on the truck. Who knew that getting horses would lead to so much
stuff? At some point all this has to reach equilibrium so we can ride
the horses instead of getting ready to ride them, and hopefully at that
point time will also open up for me to get back into the garden.
I am looking at bare-root fruit trees though, and have to make a
decision pretty quick. Can't decide if I want another peach or if I
should try a pear tree, we've never grown one of those before.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Theresa W
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:50 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - another cold front has arrived

Brrr-I'm chilly for you.  It's supposed to be 54 here and we might
actually get some rain!!  It's been very dry this January.  I spent all
day in the garage today, cleaning, ripping out a crappy old cabinet (can
we say euwwww- disgusting).  Apparently that is where the mice had been
living last winter- even found a petrified mouse carcass- yuck! Anyway,
got all of that out- now to figure out how to get it to the dump!  Got
another shelving unit, and at least got stuff stacked on shelves, but
the whole thing needs to be organized. But still.... visible progress!!
I have to do a little more tomorrow no matter what, so that we can get
the other car in the garage- but after that I think I'm going to leave
this project for a week or two, and come back to it then.  I'm rather
sick of spending my weekends in the garage....even if it is cleaner now.

Theresa

Donna wrote:
dropping here too.... tomorrows high is only supposed to be 18...
going down to 7 overnight....burr!  The bad news is all my snow melted

this week so the plants are on their own. (although they are
predicting snow showers for
tomorrow- we will see)

Donna