Re: Finally...

Hey Jim, one of our local conservationists sent me an email regarding the dying off of Red Bay trees on the coast and gave a list of other plants that could be affected and avocados were one of them. Keep your eyes open for Asian beetles. They are spreading the fungus that kills them!
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:01 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Finally...

warmed up. It's 68 degrees and, best of all, there are a few pollinators out. I was beginning to worry. Mangos, avocado, Surinam cherry blooming like crazy--but until today, not a bee, wasp, or fly to be seen. Avocado is the biggest worry because it seems to have the smallest window.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10