Re: Lonicera fragrantissima and what else is blooming...

I think the plants that bloom when nothing else is are some of my favorites. Right now I have some type of narcissus, an insane azalea (it has decided to bloom a few buds year round rather than in one spring flourish), fuschia, anemone, some tagetes shrub variety that I can't recall, winter sweet, mahonia "Arthur Menzies" (finally blooming for the first time), primulas, and another shrub with pale blue flowers whose name I'm also blanking on right now. I ate one of my now ripe Minneola tangelos from my tree. Yummmm- it was so good! I have about 8 more fruit so I'm happy about that. And next year I'll make sure it gets enough water right from the start so that I don't loose so much fruit like I did this year. Zem- my Hellebores aren't doing a thing this year- so hope yours perform well for you.
Theresa

Zemuly Sanders wrote:
I keep forgetting to tell you all that I recently noticed my winter
honeysuckle (Lonicera fragrantissima) is blooming.  I never even remember I
have it until it blooms.  What a fragrant reminder that spring will come
again!  I do love this old fashioned shrub.  I got mine from suckers at an
abandoned homestead nearby.  It's got to be one of the easiest plants to grow
since it requires absolutely no care.  I also checked out the Hellebores, and
they have doubled in size with lots of new growth.  I'm expecting blooms on
them in the next few weeks.
zem
zone 7
West TN