Re: Lonicera fragrantissima

Lovely! I've probably got heathers blooming but haven't had a minute to walk the yard & see. Not fragrant, though. Enjoy your breath of spring for all of us.
Judy B z6 Idaho 36-42 F here today. Sunny & cool.
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:34 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Lonicera fragrantissima

I keep forgetting to tell you all that I recently noticed my winter
honeysuckle (Lonicera fragrantissima) is blooming. I never even remember I
have it until it blooms.  What a fragrant reminder that spring will come
again!  I do love this old fashioned shrub.  I got mine from suckers at an
abandoned homestead nearby. It's got to be one of the easiest plants to grow since it requires absolutely no care. I also checked out the Hellebores, and they have doubled in size with lots of new growth. I'm expecting blooms on
them in the next few weeks.
zone 7
West TN

Checked by AVG Free Edition.