Re: OTQ

If I knew that, I'd have a Las Vegas account where I could lay off my SSA check. No idea, really, but I'd guess it would be either the preacher or the DA look-alike. They're both running around and yapping about god and visiting gun shops, behavior that seems to appeal to the locals.

On Jan 15, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Kitty wrote:

This area is
a Republican safe house
Yes, true - but which one will they pick?

Indiana's primary is in May by which time the winners have already been selected. Nobody bothers with us.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OTQ

It's interesting. In the dozen or so years we've been here, we've had a political type show up only once--and that was a precinct walker for the local Democratic candidate for state senator in 2006. This area is a Republican safe house [remember the voting machine scandal of 2006?--we have a congressperson who won because 30,000 votes went missing]. This year, our primary is January 29, although we could start voting today. And while there are no clear adversarial candidates at the moment, we are, however, beginning to get trash ads on the telephone.