Re: I'm back online!

Dang. It must be a LOT warmer where you are. It is 32 degrees today, but
the wind chill factor makes it feel like 23. I feel sorry for all the
folks that have to be in the MLK parade today. Brrrrrrr.

"Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I finally have internet again! Spent the weekend doing projects, some
painting, lots of messing with the sprinkler/water system. Long
story.... Last summer I replaced the sprinkler valves with the
anti-siphon valves (seemed like a good idea). Well, ever since the
valves bang everytime they open and shift to the next one. I learned
that this is called "water hammer" and can damage plumbing. So, got the
little part to install on the main sprinkler line and all the parts to
install it. Should have taken me about 30 minutes. Well, once I peeled
all of the pipe insulation off that area, it became obvious that the
sprinkler line off of the main water line was leaking and likely had
been for quite a while. So little project turned into much bigger
project, 2 extra trips to the hardware store, several bruises, sore
muscles and hands, and about 4 hours I finally got it all fixed up. I
have this fantasy that my water bill will be cheaper from now on (I
hope). So for about 5 minute I thought that my sprinkler system was all
fixed- and then I realized that one of the sprinker/bubbler heads was
apparently broken off. That is my job to tackle today. It will be a
pain as it is located between tree roots and this giant overgrown
butterfly iris (which I really just want to dig out entirely).
On a positive note- my camellia has started to bloom : )

Theresa

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.