To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] MG agenda

Sounds to me that this will be the last year. Maybe you should bill it
as such now to the members. That way they can 'get off the pot' or not
be surpised when it doesn't happen next year.

If that doesn't inspire the group to help you- then make the 'last one' the theme of this year to the public.

 Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
I met yesterday with the newly ore-organized MG Nursery group yesterday. We have a total of 8 people down from 15 last year. 4 are existing members , 4 are new. 1 existing (multiple crises at home) and 1 new ((Florida snowbird)
did not attend.

It seems the 3 new members didn't realize they were signing up to work in
the nursery. The Hort educator insists on calling our group "Propagation",
which amounts to maybe 2% of what we do. I tried to put the best spin
possible on things indicating if they would commit to making the most of
our downsized nursery, then we could do more propagation work.

Of the 8, one helps us only in April. One won't show up until most of the
work is done, 2 live long distances from here. And no one wants to take on
any heavy or time-consuming work. Still, I'm hopeful. My purpose for going
along with the downsizing was that I might be able to manage it more or less
by myself. We'll see.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5