Re: Happy Birthday Kathy

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Birthday Kathy

Happy bday indeed - hope you have a great day!

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM, <Cornergar@aol.com> wrote:

Donna, Thanks so much for the b'day wishes. Don't know how you always
remember such things when you have so much on your plate. How do you work
full  time
and also look after your mother full time?? And there's always the house,
garden, etc. to do. You must have been glad to see the hard freeze that
meant
you could quit worrying about the gardens for awhile. I have to share with
you
the most exciting Xmas present. You may know that a major gas pipeline is
being  routed thru IL. In the construction of the ditches they are using
quantities of wheat straw to control erosion I assume. When they are done
with it
they have to remove it and have been delivering it to our property. I now
have
enough straw to cover a vast area and what I can't use will decompose into wonderful stuff. Sure beats paying $4-5 a bale and lifting it into and out
of my
truck.
Just gave myself a sort of b'day present and rescheduled knee replacement
surgery from Feb to Sept. Now I can worry about it for a much longer time!
I was
 afraid I might not be able to do my landscaping work by April if I went
ahead  with the Feb date. And I still have a lot of inventory to sell in
the
spring. Can't really afford to not work this spring as retirement money is
worth
half  what it was. Guess I should be grateful there is still some left.
Kathy

In a message dated 1/6/2009 5:44:59 A.M. Central Standard Time,