Re: New question

The one I have still works fine after many years, as far as I can tell. But it has no brand name that I can find. The guage measures between 30 and 90 degree on the top quarter of the circle's face, and the balance of the face gives min temp degrees for certain veggies. It has about an 8 inch stem. I also have a compost thermometer that measures 0 to 220 degrees with about a 2 foot stem.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 3:31 PM
Subject: [CHAT] New question

Anybody out there use a soil thermometer? If so, which one, and are
you happy with it.

Occurs to me I need one, if for no other reason than to figure out
when to plant beans--local garden writers say when soil is 60 degrees;
OFA says April 15 [actually April 24 if you buy into the moon stuff]-- so are they more or less the same? Only one way to find out as near as
I can tell.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W