Re: More deer damage

Recently a semi overturned here on the ice with a load of cattle. Most were rounded up but a couple died and a few more had to be killed. Most of it went straight to the wild animal haven for the lions and tigers and then some went to the local food pantry.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Catharine Carpenter" <cathycrc@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More deer damage

For most hunters around here, the "fun" is in the stalking and the
camaraderie with other hunters. Most eat what they kill, or donate the
meat to organizations that feed the poor (local butcher shops will
donate their services for free, if meat is being donated). But yes,
there are some "slob hunters" around, though, and they are truly
Cathy, west central IL, z5b