Re: Cameras

A couple of years ago my son talked me into replacing my elderly
equipment with a digital camera - a Lumix FZ20 made by Panasonic -
that he declaired would do everything I could ever do with my old 35mm
and then some.  I have not been totally happy with it, and wish I had
my old one back.  However, I expect that it is capable of doing much
more than what I have done with it.  Part of my problem has been that
the user's manual was not written by an English-speaking person, and
does not adequately cover all the symbols, etc.  For instance, at some
point a hand symbol comes up on the screen, as if saying stop! but
nowhere in the booklet is anything about such a symbol.  I keep saying
when I have time I will just experiment with all the options until I figure
them out, but so far haven't had the time.  I have successfully photographed
two flower shows and numerous other events, but I still don't feel
comfortable with it.  Being able to delete unsuccessful shots is a plus,
but I still often can't get quite the effect I'm trying for.
In a message dated 1/22/2009 9:07:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,