Re: 2009 rain total
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: 2009 rain total
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 18:44:39 -0500

Our closest "official" weather site says From Jan-1 To Dec-31 Total Precipitation
     [in] Number of
     Rainy Days

     2009  2009 78.19 133

The previous record since we moved here in '81 was 2005 - was the year of the hurricanes. We got the remnants of just about everything that hit the gulf coast, plus a couple that came up the Atlantic.
     2005   60.65 130

In the drought years, we got 33.75 in 2007 and 41.25 in 2008 - but 2008 is misleading, since we had almost nothing until the deluges started in the fall. Once they started, they never quit. At least it's dry today, even though the high never got above freezing and it's supposed to be in the teens tonight.