Re: OT - 1040
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: OT - 1040
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 22:14:04 -0500

Thanks so much Daryl.
In 2008 I put new windows in half my house because it was the last year for a state tax credit. This year I did the other half because of the federal tax credit.

It looks though like I'll have to get a new 1040. The gov sends me 1040A. The website you sent me says that the credit can be used with a 1040A, but once you get to the worksheet form 5695 it indicates that you must use 1040 or 1040NR. That explains why my 1040A book didn't cover the deduction. There is no line for it on the 1040A.

Thanks again!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5