Re: OT - Bird question
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: OT - Bird question
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:51:22 -0600

Will check my Texas bird book soon as I finish my chores.  I saw a violet
ear (something like that) hummingbird here a few years back, supposedly they
never get north of the Rio Grande Valley (a LONG way from here).  It was
only here for a week or two so it must have figured out it was out of its
range and headed south.  It sure enjoyed the feeders though.
I give my woodpeckers raw peanuts in the shell - they love that.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX