Re: Back on the list
  • Subject: Re: Back on the list
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:56:00 +0000

> Welcome back.  We've missed you too.  Here's hoping things are
> going well in your life these days.

Hi Auralie,

   Life has been hectic, but interesting.  I think everyone knows that
   I was married in September 2008.  That's probably the biggest change.

   We're still trying to get two households combined and in order, but
   I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

   I had to shut down my mailorder plant nursery because it just wasn't
   feasible with everything else that's been happening in my life.  One
   of the biggest problems was space -- the house property wasn't big
   enough, friends in the country were too far to drive to daily, and
   sales were always tepid at best.  Someday I'll try again, but it
   will have to be after we're settled in and on a larger property.  :)

   With the nursery gone (and some furlough days given by the State of
   Illinois) I now have more time to devote to hort.net, so I hope to
   become a more active participant.  I've done a lot of behind-the-scenes
   changes and plan to keep going.  It's even all managed out of
   project management software with Gantt diagrams and everything!

   Finally, I want to reconnect with plants, nature, and my gardening
   buddies.  I've been away for a while and I need to poke at the dirt
   to fill a void.  Talking about poking at dirt works too.  :)