Re: garden tools
  • Subject: Re: garden tools
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:46:32 -0500

I did a 3' x 12' bed in short order while sitting on my Ames garden cart/scooter. By working carefully, I got every last bit of that @% Bermudagrass out of there, and nothing came back until it reseeded from the lawn. I know the new stuff came from seeds - no long roots and shoots like the stuff that had invaded. If the soil is slightly moist, I can start at the crown and easily work and tug at the nasty stuff. The Cobrahead is a champ at not breaking the root once you develop a little wrist technique.

I just received a sample of the new Fiskar's garden cart/seat. I'll let you know whether it's good or not. I've been very happy with my Ames. The Fiskars new Momentum reel mower is superb! I was prepared for it to be like the reel mowers of my childhood, but I tried the Fiskars at the GWA symposium last fall. It almost made me wish I had a lawn to use it on.